BE A PEACEMAKER


(Day 14)


The seventh blessing in the Kingdom of Heaven is:
(Matthew 5:9) Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. 


The meaning of “peace” in English is basically “the absence of conflict”, but in Hebrew, it includes a more comprehensive concept. The Hebrew word for peace is “Shalom”, and it implies wellbeing in every area of life. It certainly includes “to be at peace” with others, but it is also to be healthy, prosperous, in harmony and serenity.

When Jesus said “blessed are the peacemakers”, he did not only mean those who seek to avoid conflict with one another. He also meant those who seek the general wellbeing of others.
(Romans 14:19)  So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

If we want to live in peace and seek it for others, we must do everything as God intended.
(Psalms 34:14) Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.

(Psalms 119:165)  Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble.

(Psalms 37:37) Mark the blameless and behold the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.

(Isaiah 48:22)  "There is no peace," says the LORD, "for the wicked."

(Isaiah 57:21)   There is no peace," says my God, "for the wicked."


The Bible teaches us that righteousness and peace go hand in hand.
(Isaiah 32:17)   And the effect of righteousness will be peace, and the result of righteousness, quietness and trust forever.

(Psalms 85:8-13)  Let me hear what God the LORD will speak, for he will speak peace to his people, to his saints; but let them not turn back to folly. Surely his salvation is near to those who fear him, that glory may dwell in our land. Steadfast love and faithfulness meet; righteousness and peace kiss each other. Faithfulness springs up from the ground, and righteousness looks down from the sky. Yes, the LORD will give what is good, and our land will yield its increase.
Righteousness will go before him and make his footsteps a way.

(Isaiah 48:18)  Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

(Isaiah 59:8)  The way of peace they do not know, and there is no justice in their paths; they have made their roads crooked; no one who treads on them knows peace.

Jesus said:
(John 14:23-27)  Jesus answered him, "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me. "These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Tomorrow we will continue discussing about the peace of God, which is nothing like this world’s…

PRAYER
Lord, today I understand that true peace is deeper than I ever imagined. It is not only the absence of conflict, but total wellbeing. I want true peace for my life, and for the lives of those around me.

Do not drag me off with the wicked, with the workers of evil, who speak peace with their neighbors while evil is in their hearts. Lord, I will turn away from evil and do good, seek peace and pursue it. I will pay attention to your commandments! Then my peace will be like a river, and righteousness like the waves of the sea.  Your word says that those who love your law have great peace and nothing can make them stumble.

Lord, You will keep me in perfect peace, because I trust in You. Righteousness and faithfulness will open doors for peace, quietness and trust.

[Isaiah 26:2-3; 32:17; 48:18; Psalms 28:3; 34:14; 119:165; Romans 14:19]  

Comments